A new defense was added for TH6 and up. The Air Sweeper. It is very interesting little defense. that blows a puff of air every 3-4 seconds. The radius is similar to a mortar–shoots pretty far. But, it only covers 33% of the circle. To clarify, it will COVER approximately 120-degrees. i have put a picture below which is of a sprinkler–which has similar coverage. It only shoots forward in the direction that it is aimed. Once set, it will cover the range that it is set for. When activated, it shoots a narrower puff of air, about 1/3 of the coverage area, to push back the air troops.
- Balloons are affected most.
- Dragons are also fairly affected as are minions.
- Heavier flying troops are less affected.
- For air attacks, you must attack outside of the range of this. Scout the direction that it is covering, then attack from another angle. If you don’t know the direction, use a minion to scout it out.
- Alternatively, the air sweeper will lock onto a target and its affected area is very small (maybe 20-degrees). Therefore, if you attack from different angles (outside portions of its coverage), one of your attackers will be unaffected as it focuses on one target in a narrow blast.
- This will clearly change the way that bases are defended, especially in war.
- The idea in protecting against Dragon air attacks is to slow the progress of the Dragons. Previously we used high hitpoint buildings (i.e. storages) and placed them within the range of the air defenses, NOW, you will still probably do the same, but use the sweeper as an adjunct — to further slow troops.
- For TH 7s, I would put the blower such that it blows OVER the air defenses and TH–thus protecting them from all directions–no matter which way the Dragons come in to attack, it will get blown back. I personally like to have the air sweeper blowing over the TH as well.
Once a target gets locked on, the area that is blown is much smaller that the wide range that it has–maybe 1/3.
JOIN our clan: DOZERS Find us! Search for Clan #P2U8JR9 (it is case sensitive and include the #) We are looking for TH7s with Dragons and at least 180 troop capacity, TH8s, and maxed TH9s. If you 3 star your equal in war, check us out! No rushed bases!
TH4-6 join Dozers 2.0